Monday, October 10, 2011

Memory Walk

This past Saturday we held our third annual "remembering our children" walk. I personally think that every year just gets better. We had a bake sale, and I had never seen so many baked goods in all my life. A HUGE thank you to those that donated your time and ingredients to help make the bake sale go smooth.

We also had a silent auction. There were some really neat donated things. One basket was so large that it had to be broke into two. (Courtney please tell them thank you). We had scentsy baskets, movie baskets, ditch witch toy and hat, a beautiful quilt, game day basket and many others. Thank you so much for your donations!

I truly am filled with so much gratitude for those that help make this possible. I got to hear about Sicily Zeke, she was 4 and went to be with the Lord last year. I got to meet Aubrey's mommy and daddy. And can't wait till I get to meet Aubrey! Marissa Hofen blessed us by song. She had many in tears including myself.

Last year 7 baskets went home to grieving parents, because of your help they didn't leave the hospital with empty arms. I know that feeling all to well and would do anything in my power to keep some one else from going thru that.

Unfortunately, people lose children all year. If you aren't able to give a monetary donation, perhaps you can knit little hats or blankets. Or, maybe you can donate a picture frame or anything. We were able to raise over 1,000! This is wonderful!

Thank you all who attended!

No comments:

Post a Comment